Tal Ben-Shahar PhD, Harvard University was Professor of Positive Psychology and The Psychology of Leadership at his alma mater - both courses were among the most popular at the university. A course that teaches you how to be happier - I know what you're thinking! That sounds great! Surely it should be made available for everyone. Here are the top 10 things that you can do to make a profound difference to a more fulfiling way of life:
1. Gratitude - Write down three things every day that you are truly thankful for. Make you daily list for one week, and you'll have 21 great reasons to be happy, make your daily list for one month, and you could have up to 84 great reasons and every day for a year then you'll have 1008 reasons to feel amazing about life.
2. Exercise regularly - A daily 15-minute walk is a marathon walked in 30 days. Feeling stress and pressure heading your way - then try a 30-minute walk listening to your favourite tunes on a music player.
3. Breakfast and nutrition - You can't survive unless you give your body the energy it needs. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it gives you the energy from a restful night's sleep to make your day amazing.
4. Be assertive - Be true to your values - Ask what you want and say what you think.
5. Do and try new and familiar experiences - doing the things you enjoy, whether it's a run in the park, swimming in the local pool or heading down to the gym. Travelling out to the countryside and seeing the scenery or trying a new activity can immensely lift your mood. Spend your money on experiences rather than things can make you feel happier reliving your amazing experiences when the going gets tough.
6. Fill your life with nice memories - anything that reminds you of great times can be a major mood-booster. A photo of your favourite holiday as your phone's screensaver. Photos of your friends and family around your desk. Make your Life's beautiful memories the things that make you smile something that you see every day.
7. Face challenges and chores - make a daily list of actions you need to do. The procrastination of putting off the things you need to do only adds to stress, anxiety and tension. Make a to-do list of what you need to do and when you need to do it. Tick them off when you get them achieved and celebrate your success.
8. Always greet and smile at everyone you meet - politeness costs nothing and it's infectious. Just smiling can change your mood and everyone's mood around you.
9. Listen to music and sing along if you want - There is plenty of science that says music that means something to you will lift your mood to a new level.
10. Look for the positives and learn - even when you are undergoing high levels of stress, there will be positive lessons that you can learn from those difficult moments.